On Saturday, May 21st you are invited to the International Schools Symposium at John Stanford International School (4057 5th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98105). Please come spend the morning with colleagues from schools across the district and beyond and earn FREE CLOCK HOURS. This event is co-sponsored by the World Affairs Council Global Classroom Program and the Confucius Institute of the State of Washington.
“Symposium” is a fancy word, but ours promises to be comfortable and network-y. We will have coffee on hand with danishes for dunking, and a few sessions that we hope will pique your interest.
The purpose of this short day (8:30 – Noon) is to provide time and occasion for colleagues from international schools across our district and beyond to meet and exchange ideas and information.
- If you want to meet people from other schools and talk informally about the global education initiatives taking place in their schools… this is the place for you!
- If you’d love to earn the International Education Category in Seattle Public Schools but want to see what the process looks like… we can dispel the myth!
- If you are brand new to International Schools (in Seattle) and you need to get a handle on the big picture… you will find what you need here!
- If you want to talk with teachers who have successfully planned school wide interdisciplinary global projects in Elementary School… look no further!
- If you want to learn about communicating across cultures… or collaborating… or investigating the world… we have ideas to share!
- If you need 3 clock hours to lane change and you love coffee… we’re ready for you!
Come and explore of the world of global education with colleagues on Saturday the 21st of May. Earn free clock hours, have coffee, and exchange ideas.
8:30-9:00 Check-in, coffee, and treats
9:00-10:00 Session #1
10:30-11:00 Networking break
11:00-12:00 Session #2
We need to know how much coffee and how many danishes to buy. Help us out by registering for this event HERE.
But wait! There’s more!
If you are interested, there is an extend-the-day opportunity to attend the GET GLOBAL Conference, which is the High School Global Issues Conference put on by One World Now! We’re excited to be sharing the day with them and recommend you take a trip just down the road to the Ethnic Cultural Center at the University of Washington where you can peruse the resource fair, catch a workshop, and watch local high school students demonstrate what it means to be global citizens. (up to 3 additional clock hours available for participation in the GET GLOBAL portion of the day).
Get Global Schedule:
12:15-1:15 Lunch and resource fair
1:15-2:15 Afternoon workshop session
2:15-4:00 OWN Talks and cultural performances
If you plan to attend the Get Global Conference, please register separately with OWN – lunch will be provided for you if you attend.
We are excited by the prospect of meeting and networking with you. Please come.
Please register for the Symposium HERE.
Please register by Friday, May 13.
Questions? Contact Rachel Evans: firstname.lastname@example.org